On Thursday, June 9, the New Hampshire Press Association will honor InDepthNH.org’s senior reporter Paula Tracy with the Association’s Lifetime Achievement Award. Since 2018, Paula has been covering the State House, the Governor’s office, the Executive Council and writing about important topics the people of New Hampshire need to know for InDepthNH.org. Her love of New Hampshire expands into her, Out and About column, where she “helps us find those less well-known spots to get a breath of social distancing fresh air.” Before coming to InDepthNH.org, Paula was a senior staff reporter for the Union Leader for more than 25 years before moving to WMUR. We applaud the N.H. Press Association for honoring an accomplished professional journalist and genuinely kind person. Paula joins 2019 NHPA Lifetime Achievement honorees Nancy West and veteran statehouse reporter Garry Rayno in 2020.
At the awards dinner June 9, the finalists will find out if they placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd. The finalists who write for InDepthNH.org include:
- Garry Rayno and Paula Tracy for their reporting on “Staying Healthy Amid COVID-19”
- Garry Rayno and Paula Tracy for government reporting
- Garry Rayno for Journalist of the Year
- Nancy West for First Amendment award for “The Battle for the Laurie List of Dishonest Cops”
- Terry Farish’s story, “Everyone Has a Story.”
- Michael Davidow’s column, Radio Free New Hampshire
- George Liset’s column, Writing on the Fly
- Wayne King’s podcast, New Hampshire Secrets, Legends, and Lore
- Roger Wood’s podcast, Roger Wood’s Golden Voice
InDepthNH.org is a nonprofit watchdog news website published by the New Hampshire Center for Public Interest Journalism. Nancy West is the Executive Editor. The mission of InDepthNH.org believes that vigorous, in-depth news coverage focused on government and public servants are the bedrock of a thriving democracy.