CONCORD, N.H. – The New Hampshire Division of Motor Vehicles will resume road tests for eligible applicants starting Monday, June 1. Prior to scheduling a road test, applicants must complete all driver licensing requirements, including successfully passing a knowledge test. Go to www.nh.gov/dmv to request a road test.
“We are very happy to resume road tests starting Monday and to continue offering our other services by appointment and through our drop boxes and online systems,” DMV Director Elizabeth Bielecki said.
Applicants who need to complete a knowledge test can call 227-4000 to request an appointment. The following DMV locations are open by appointment: Concord, Dover, Keene, Manchester, Nashua, Newport, Salem, and Twin Mountain.
The DMV would also like to offer the following important service reminders:
· Drop box services are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 4:15 p.m. at the following locations: Concord, Dover, Manchester, Newport, Twin Mountain, Salem, Nashua, Keene, Gorham, Tamworth, Epping, and Milford.
· The following DMV locations are open by appointment: Concord, Dover, Keene, Manchester, Nashua, Newport, Salem, and Twin Mountain.
· For licenses expiring by July 31, 2020, in-person driver license renewal appointments are available. Call 227-4000 to schedule an appointment. Customers are encouraged to renew online if eligible.
· The REAL ID compliance deadline has been extended until October, 2021. REAL ID transactions are not currently conducted outside of renewal transactions.
· All previously extended 20-day plates will expire on May 31, 2020. Residents must reach out to their local city or town clerk’s office for permanent vehicle registration options prior to May 31st.
Customers should take advantage of the DMV’s online services, including online driver license renewal (if eligible), ID renewals, and online ticket pay at www.nh.gov/dmv.