MANCHESTER, N.H. (December 4, 2017) – New Hampshire workers and businesses, including suppliers, subcontractors, and the services and hospitality industries, will have the opportunity to meet with the team leading the construction of Northern Pass at two upcoming Job & Supplier Fairs.
Attendees can discuss the kinds of jobs, subcontractor opportunities, and supplies that are needed to complete Eversource’s 192-mile hydroelectric transmission line, and businesses can learn how to reach some of the 2,600 people who will be working on Northern Pass over the multi-year construction period.
Details of the Job & Supplier Fairs:
Wednesday, December 13 Wednesday, January 10
3:00-8:00 p.m. 3:00-8:00 p.m.
Mountain View Grand Resort Grappone Conference Center
101 Mountain View Road 70 Constitution Ave.
Whitefield, N.H. Concord, N.H.
“Northern Pass has long been committed to hiring New Hampshire workers first and these fairs are a way for us to follow through on that commitment,” said Eversource New Hampshire President Bill Quinlan. “We encourage everyone to attend and learn about the many opportunities available for local businesses and workers.”
Some of the opportunities available include:
Construction Jobs – lineworkers, electricians, administrative/office personnel, project managers, traffic control personnel, safety personnel, mechanics, land surveyors, landscapers, laborers, fence installation personnel, building construction personnel, steel erection personnel, fiber-optic splicers, heavy equipment operators, truckers, material managers, welders, testing/commissioning personnel, traffic control, road building personnel, clearing/grubbing contractors, paving contractors, matting contractor, loggers, well/HDD drillers
Logistics/Services Jobs – lodging, campgrounds, restaurants, graphic design, environmental testing, equipment rental and maintenance, printers, office supply, security, photographers, snow removal services, caterers, apartment rentals, Porta-John rentals, portable office rentals, waste disposal, fuel suppliers, gravel/aggregate suppliers, hay suppliers, groundwater consultants, concrete and cement suppliers, asphalt suppliers, sign companies, hardware suppliers, lumber suppliers, street sweeping, material stockpiles and laydown yards
For a full list, go to www.northernpass.us/job-registration.htm.
Participants in the Job & Supplier Fairs include:
- PAR Electrical Contractors, Inc. the largest outside plant electrical contracting company in North America and is the General Contractor for the Northern Pass construction project with offices located in Bow, N.H.
- Quanta Services, the leading integrated infrastructure solutions provider for the electric power, oil & gas and telecommunications industries. Quanta Services is the parent company for PAR Electrical Contractors, M.J. Electric, and Realtime Utility Engineers
- J. Electric, LLC, a nationally recognized prime electrical contractor in the electric transmission, substation, distribution, renewable energy, power, industrial, instrumentation, and civil/foundation construction industries. M.J. Electric is tasked with construction of the converter station at Franklin, N.H.
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 104of Barrington, N.H. serving New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Maine and Vermont
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 490 of Concord, N.H.
- Coös County Business and Employers Group, an organization of businesses and contractors in northern N.H.
- Realtime Utility Engineers, Inc., A national recognized utility engineering firm providing engineering services for the project
- Milwaukee Tools
- Buckingham Tools
- Northern Pass project representatives, on hand to discuss the project’s business directory, a list of local services available to the project’s many workers, such as restaurants, gas stations, retail stores, laundromats, auto repairs, hotels and recreational opportunities. A copy of the business directory will be given to everyone working on the Northern Pass project
The U.S. Department of Energy recently issued Northern Pass its Presidential Permit. The project expects to conclude the federal and state approval process in early 2018, and anticipates construction will begin by mid-April 2018.
For more information call 1-855-NPT-JOBS or email email@example.com.