Close to 250 progressive activists attended 8th annual NH Progressive Summit on Saturday, June 15th at Manchester Community College
MANCHESTER, NH – On Saturday, June 15th, close to 250 progressive leaders and community activists from all over the state came together at Manchester Community College to collectively learn, train, and mobilize for issue and electoral challenges and opportunities in New Hampshire.
The #FITN Presidential Primary Straw Poll was a highlight of the event; registered participants had an opportunity to research candidates online or in-person ahead of time or visit the tables of (12) of the candidate campaigns who helped sponsor the Summit.
Granite State Progress released the results of the top place finishers: Elizabeth Warren 34.6%, Bernie Sanders 24%, Cory Booker and Tulsi Gabbard 6%. Of note: US Senator Jeanne Shaheen received one write-in.
The 8th annual NH Progressive Summit was hosted by Granite State Progress and co-sponsored by more than 40 advocacy organizations and campaigns. The jam-packed, action-oriented day-long event included:
- Keynote panel “Overcoming Generation Lockdown: Bold New Policies & Tactics to Save Lives” featuring Charlie Mirsky, Co-Founder & Political Director – March for Our Lives; Igor Volsky, Author & Executive Director – Guns Down America; and Clai Lasher Sommers, National Survivor Network & Executive Director – GunSenseVT
- #FITN Presidential Primary Straw Poll
- NH Supreme Court Nomination Briefing with Executive Councilor Andru Volinsky
- Lunch forum on “Health Care for All”
- More than 20 issue and skills-based workshops and strategy discussions on topics such as education funding in New Hampshire, redistricting, climate change, State House accountability, Ableism, active bystander training, and more
- Participation from 30+ issue advocacy organizations and over a dozen Presidential candidate campaigns
- An evening social hour with the best progressive networking in New Hampshire, including a drop-in and remarks by Presidential candidate Bill de Blasio
“The 2019 NH Progressive Summit was another tremendous success, and we look forward to hearing about the outcomes of the many new friendships and campaigns born out of conversations that took place here,” said Zandra Rice Hawkins, executive director of Granite State Progress and chair of the NH Progressive Summit Planning Committee. “Each year this event helps shape the course forward for progressives in New Hampshire as we work together to build a more just, inclusive, and healthy community.”
The date for the 2020 NH Progressive Summit will be released in the fall.