Neil and Louise Tillotson Fund
Empower Coos Youth Grants Program
2018 – 2019
Do you know a high school student that is interested in partnering with other youth from the North Country to develop leadership skills, engage in grantmaking activities and learn what role philanthropy can play in the region’s development?
The Tillotson Fund’s new initiative, the Empower Coos Youth Grants Program, is designed to bring together North Country high school youth who are interested in:
• Building their individual leadership skills;
• Connecting with other youth with differing life experiences, and with adults in their communities;
• Sharing their perspective, wisdom, and capacity to change their community’s perception of young people;
• Having a voice in decisions that will strengthen local organizations across the region;
• Applying their local and regional knowledge, analytical skills, and understanding of philanthropic best practices in their role as grantmakers.
The committee of 12 – 15 students will meet on a monthly basis beginning in September, 2018 through May, 2019. Most of the meetings will be face to face at a central location (to be determined) in the North Country. Other meetings will be online using GoToMeeting. Students will be supported to attend each meeting whether it’s learning styles, transportation, or tech support.
Please connect with the high school students in your network and encourage them to apply. The application asks for background information, two personal references and short answers to several questions about the applicant and the region. Handwritten, typed or video formats are accepted. The deadline to apply is MAY 4, 2018. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Jean Clarke)
For more information on the program, please contact Jean Clarke at 603-225-6641 X20238 or email@example.com.