Sign up for InDepthNH.org’s free Friday news roundup and Sunday weekender here.
By NANCY WEST, founder
There’s lots happening at InDepthNH.org because of YOUR generous support. Your nonprofit news website is holding a major fundraiser in April – aka sustainer month – but you can start early by making your tax-deductible donation here. Send news tips to email@example.com. Sign up for our free weekly newsletter on Fridays and special Sunday weekender by clicking here. We give our local news stories to all media for free so ask your local newspaper to publish our work – and buy a subscription while you are at it, please. We all need your support to revitalize news in NH. And you can’t miss our awesome ad Northeast Delta Dental. Call 603-738-5635 to place your ad or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for all of your support. — Nancy West
YOU are invited to an awesome event featuring a meet and greet with our columnists who will share their writing secrets on Saturday, April 28 from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Nackey S. Loeb School of Communications in Manchester. More details on our site and Facebook page.
InDepthNH.org is also co-sponsoring a Right-To-Know NH event to celebrate Sunshine Week open to the public on Thursday, March 15 from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Littleton Hospital conference center. More details to come at InDepthNH.org and our Facebook page.
Check out what’s new every day by bookmarking InDepthNH.org
What’s happening now:
MORE NH STATEHOUSE NEWS
Veteran journalist GARRY RAYNO is expanding his column Distant Dome and will post every Monday during the legislative session. InDepthNH.org co-publishes Distant Dome with Manchester Ink Link.
Garry Rayno and other InDepthNH.org writers will focus on increasing our statehouse news coverage during the week – including podcasts by Roger Wood – taking special notice of the North Country and other regions of the state. We also welcome YOUR opinion pieces to run every weekend. Email them with your name and contact info to email@example.com
FIND TRUSTED WORLD NEWS
Daily, InDepthNH.org is now aggregating News From Around the Globe from trusted sources such as the The Washington Post, the BBC, The Guardian, and the New York Times, to keep you fully informed.
We are also showcasing the important reporting done by other nonprofit news outlets who are also members with InDepthNH.org of the Institute for Nonprofit News such as ProPublica, The Center for Investigative Reporting and more.
Check out the changes to OUR FEATURED NH COLUMNISTS and how YOU or your business can become an underwriter here.
- BOB CHAREST of Epsom writes Why You Should Care New Hampshire about advances in technology and how they affect our privacy in America. He’s been in the news business for decades.
- MICHAEL DAVIDOW of Manchester writes Radio Free New Hampshire for InDepthNH.org. An attorney in Nashua, Davidow is the author of Gate City, Split Thirty, and The Rocketdyne Commission. He has lots to say.
- MONICA DRAHONOVSKY writes Monica Reads because she can’t stop reading. “Go get a book, read it and enjoy the adventure.” She doesn’t give away the plot, but lets you know whether you should run to your library or book store. Contact Monica at firstname.lastname@example.org
- JOHN HARRIGAN of Colebrook is a longtime statewide outdoor writer and North Country newspaper owner who writes for InDepthNH.org whenever the spirit moves him.
- SUSAN DROMEY HEETER of Dover writes Joyful Musings. Lately, Susan has been writing about what it’s like to grow up in a big family. She makes me laugh. She makes me cry.
- D. MAURICE KREIS writes Power to the People and makes what is happening in the world of public utilities interesting. Kreis is New Hampshire’s Consumer Advocate and with his staff of four represents the interests of residential utility customers before the NH Public Utilities Commission and elsewhere.
- WAYNE D. KING of Rumney writes the View From Rattlesnake Ridge. King is an author, artist, activist and recovering politician. A three-term State Senator, he was the 1994 Democratic nominee for Governor and most recently the CEO of MOP Environmental Solutions Inc., a public company in the environmental cleanup space.
- MARK OKRANT is NH Travel Guru. He is best known for his murder mysteries that often take place in NH tourist destinations. He is the author of nine books, numerous journal articles, more than 100 monographs on tourism, marketing and planning.
- ROGER WOOD is the associate publisher of InDepthNH.org and he hosts podcasts at InDepthNH that focus on life and politics in NH. He is also the author of three novels.
- GARRY RAYNO of New London gives readers a bird’s eye view of the statehouse goings-on with a historical perspective like no other in the state in Distant Dome, which InDepthNH.org co-publishes with Manchester Ink Link.
- SAM WHITAKER of Keene State College is an intern at InDepthNH.org who writes The Gay Agenda. Sam is double majoring in English Writing and Literature, with Medieval Studies as a minor. He works as a Resident Assistant and is the president of KSC Pride, an LGBTQ+ student organization on campus. When he isn’t writing, Sam’s probably playing a video game or catching up on some sleep.
- MIKE MARLAND Catch up with editorial cartoonist Mike Marland by clicking here.